WORKSHOP 2: IBISBA
The workshop will take place on July 2nd, 2020 (14h00-17h30). You can assist to the workshop for free.
Registration to attend a worskshop is mandatory.
IBISBA within the global context of biofoundries and accelerated end-to-end bioprocess development
IBISBA 1.0 – striving to facilitate end-to-end bioprocess development
IBISBA (www.ibisba.eu) is an emerging, European-based distributed R&D infrastructure that brings together best-in-class European R&D facilities, including biofoundries, creating a wider framework for accelerated end-to-end bioprocess development, the aim being to rapidly deliver industry-ready processes and thus reduce time to market.
In this session, we will appraise the current state of play in the bio foundry area and examine how biofoundries are likely to evolve in the future. We will focus on the IBISBA concept, looking at how biofoundry activities can be better developed within the wider framework of end-to-end bioprocess development, an approach that is being promoted by IBISBA. Moreover, we will examine some of the challenges related to injecting industry constraints into early phase bioprocess development.
This session will bring together leading researchers from the IBISBA network of research facilities, Prof. Paul Freemont (Imperial College London) who is heading the Global Foundry Alliance and industry players involved in the development of commercial biofoundries. The workshop will be a lively combination of talks and debates in which the audience will be invited to play a full, active role.
Programme: IBISBA within the global context of biofoundries and accelerated end-to-end bioprocess development
Chairpersonn: Dr Nic LINDKEY - CNRS France
- Welcome & Introduction - Nic LINDLEY (Chair – CNRS, France)
- Primer on biofoundries - Paul FREEMONT (Imperial College London, UK)
- An industrial biofoundry - Sunil CHANDRAN (Amyris, USA)
- IBISBA a Pan-European Infrastructure to support industrial biotechnology - Michael O'DONOHUE (Inrae, France)
- Driving IBISBA's biofoundry operations using knowledge management and integration - Merja PENTTILA (VTT, Finland)
- Scaling up or making industrial sense of biofoundry operations in IBISBA Katja Patzsch (IGB Fraunhofer, Germany)
- ROUNDTABLE DISCUSSION moderated by Dr Michael O’DONOHUE. The discussion will involve the afternoon’s speakers, as well as Dr Vitor Martins Dos Santos.
IBISBA 1.0 is a H2020-funded project that aims at building a European distributed network of research facilities to provide innovation services and accelerate translation of bioscience research into industrial applications.
IBISBA 1.0 provides access to a specialised research facilities for all industrial biotechnology professionals, including academic researchers, SMEs and large companies.
The IBISBA 1.0 network also offers subsidised access through its Transnational Access (TNA) programme and will develop a variety of activities, such as training, that will benefit the wider scientific community.
Workshop organised in partnership with: